Food Recruit - Search & Selection
We’re looking for a talented Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer to work for our client.
They want to recruit someone with a demonstrable background in of manufacturing industry background in, ideally FMCG, packaging or food.
If that’s you then you could be exactly what they’re looking for.
Please note: In this position, you’ll occasionally be needed to work some weekends, and work shifts in unsociable hours. Full details of how this will work will be revealed at the interview.
As the Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer, you’ll report to the Engineering Manager and will be primarily accountable for playing a key role as part of the engineering team in the proactive, reactive and corrective maintenance activity to ensure continuous production.
In the job you’ll be tasked with the following:
– Electrical & mechanical preventative and reactive maintenance on machinery and equipment
– Ensuring that equipment is fit for purpose on a daily basis and attending breakdowns as necessary
– Completing routine fault finding and assisting with PLC programming; take part in SCADA/PLC training to give cover
– Ensuring critical issues are raised to minimise disruption to operational performance
– Assisting production with machine setup and train on basic machine activity
The standard working hours for this position are weekly rotating shifts from 05:00 to 14:00 and 13:00 to 22:00.
The ideal person for this Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer role will have relevant background in of manufacturing industry background in FMCG, packaging or food.
You’ll also need a background in electrical systems, electrical control, fault finding and mechanical engineering.
Plus, it’s vital that you’ve got a background in plc’s and pneumatics and will have some background in lean manufacturing and continuous improvement techniques.
In addition, you’ll need the following:
– A proactive approach with high levels of initiative and a drive to resolve problems quickly and efficiently
– A clear and professional communication style and work well with colleagues at all levels and across all disciplines to ensure the smooth running of the site
– Significant post apprenticeship background in and an engineering qualification in electrical and/or mechanical maintenance
Does that sound like you? If so, we’d love to see your CV.
This position could be right for you if you want to work as any of the following: Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer, Multi-Skilled Engineer, Electrical Engineer or as a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technician.
Basic salary: Up to £38,760 per annum
Bonus: A personal bonus is also available if you hit your targets – full details of the scheme will be revealed on the application
They are manufactures of high quality, highly functional soft and liquid cheese and our customer base and range of end-product applications which are growing rapidly, and as a business, they’ve been around since 1990.
They’re a great company to work for. People join them for many reasons, such as they:
– Offer unrivalled career development
– Have invested heavily in the site in the last 18 months and is now a state of the art production facility
– Enjoy developing their skillsets by using the latest automation in Food Production
Interested? If you think you’re right for this Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer role, then click the ‘Apply Now’ button, send us your CV and we’ll consider you for the first round of interviews.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Food Recruit can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK. Whilst we will endeavour to contact you following your application, due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful, but we may keep your details on file for future opportunities